The Adopt-A-Street program has been established for community and civic organizations as well as private businesses and industry to contribute toward the effort of maintaining cleaner and more beautiful streets in the Village of Clemmons. The purpose of the Village’s Adopt-A-Street program is to encourage community residents and organizations to adopt a Village street or streets and keep them clean and litter-free.
If you are interested in adopting a street within the corporate limits of the Village of Clemmons, please complete the online application.
- The adopted street(s) are to be cleaned no less than every 3 months in an effort to maintain a healthy environment and to produce feelings of pride in our beautiful Village.
- The Entity understands that the work to be performed can result in physical injury or damage to property and agrees to assume the risk. The Entity hereby agrees to release and hold harmless the Village of Clemmons, any neighborhood committee, their officers, employees and agents respectively from liability for any and all claims, damages or injuries of any kind or nature which the Entity, its employees, members or agents may cause or suffer as a result of participation in the program. All participants must sign a waiver of liability.
- All participants must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Entity agrees that a sign bearing the group’s name will be installed solely at the discretion of the Village.
- Contract commitment is for at least 4 years.
- Items provided by the Village for clean-up are: Clean-up reports (to be turned in after every clean-up), gloves, trash and recycling bags, and safety vests. If safety vests are misplaced, the Entity will be responsible for their replacement.
- Most items collected by Adopt-A-Street participants should be litter or recyclables that can fit into bags provided.
- Bags should not exceed 20-25 pounds.
- Bags will be collected by Village staff if there are more than 3 bags and they are placed in a location easily accessible by a Village truck. Please place bags in convenient clusters. An Adopt-A-Street contact person should call the Village (336-766-9170) the working day following the cleanups to report the location of bags and bulky items. Disposal of 3 or fewer bags are the responsibility of the Entity.
- Bags should NOT be placed in the road or on sidewalks.
- Bulky items should be placed in a separate pile and NOT on top of under the trash bags.
- DO NOT collect yard waste like branches and leaves.