Recycling Collection (Contracted Out)

Recycle Often Recycle Right

Recycling began using the new 96-gallon rollout carts in 2012. It looks the same as your trash cart but has a yellow lid. Collection is on the same day as your trash collection but is collected every other week.  

How to Begin?

On the most basic level, Waste Management encourages residents to follow three general recycling rules.

  1. Recycle all bottles, cans, and paper
  2. Keep items clean and dry
  3. No plastic bags

ALWAYS Recycle:

  • Plastic Bottles and Containers
  • Food and Beverage Cans
  • Paper
  • Flattened Cardboard and Paperboard
  • Food and Beverage Cartons
NEVER include in your recycling cart:
  • NO Food Waste
  • NO Plastic Bags and Film
  • NO Foam Cups and Containers
  • NO Needles

Additional resources for residential recycling include:

Additional Mixed Recycling and Cardboard Recycling 

To further reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill, Clemmons citizens are invited to bring extra recyclables and cardboard that will not fit in their recycling cart to the Public Works facility between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m, Monday through Friday (except holidays) and place it in a receptacle/compactor. You will be directed to the receptacle/compactor after signing in at the office. Please breakdown your clean cardboard boxes (no food residue, wrapping, or packaging material) before placing them in the compactor.

What to Do with Your Household Hazardous Waste

There is a permanent household hazardous waste disposal facility for residents of Forsyth County called 3RC The EnviroStation.

3RC takes the following:

  • Antifreeze
  • Batteries
  • Brake fluid
  • Bug sprays
  • Cyanide waste
  • Fluorescent light bulbs
  • Gasoline 
  • Glues
  • Metal polish
  • Motor and fuel oil
  • Oven cleaner
  • Paints
  • Rat bait
  • Rug shampoo
  • Solvents
  • Strippers
  • Thinners
  • Unmixed photo material
  • Other poisonous, ignitable, corrosive products

Enter 3RC at the gate, follow drive and remain in your car. You will be asked for proof of your Forsyth County residency (driver's license). If you have any questions, call the 3RC facility.